Mrs. Leona Helmsley is the widow of the late Harry B. Helmsley, he was the famous real estate empiror of Manhattan. He built famous hotels. Mrs. Helmsley past away late August of last year at the age of 87. Her will has everyone up in arms over her billion dollar estate.
She has left $12million to her "dog" (Trouble). He is the biggest named beneficiary in her will. In her two-page mission statement that $5million to $8 million dollars be used for care and welfare of dogs. The trustess may spend that money on national groups like the Humane Society, Prevention of Cruelty to Animals they have programs dedicated to dogs, abused dogs, veterinary schools or research on canine deases. This mission statement was signed in 2003.
When the public was aware of this "dog" receiving the main share of the money, they have had death threats upon the dog, so now the dog must have security with the cost of $100,000 a year.
Mrs. Helmsley was sent to prison in 1989 for federal income tax invasion for $1.2 million dollars. She was known for having a sharp tongue and impatience for the humanity.
Among her many corks she wrote in her will that her tomb, in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery in Sleepy Hollow, N.Y. be "acid-washed or steam-cleaned" once a year. She even gave two grandchildren strict instructions to visit their father's grave, there is a registration book at the mausoleum to prove of their venture. They received $10million combined of her inheritance.
This a strange and unusual "will", I guess we can say Mrs. Helmsley has a very popular dog named "Trouble".
In my opinion- it sounds outrageous, but it's her money. If she feels that "Trouble" and her canine buddies needs $5million to $12million dollars to get by go for it. I know how the family must feel, pushed aside by a "dog". But, at least they got something out of deal. I know the trustee's are working on making everybody get "something". I want to apply for the care-taker of "Trouble" now.
Lisa
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's a pretty good idea you had there Lisa, being the care taker for the dog.I am glad I will never have to worry about anyone fighting over my will.
I would have to agree with you all the way lisa. I could take care of a dog for 100,000 a year. Sign me up. She must have really loved "Trouble" in order to leave him a few million dollars. I still would not believe I would have made that choice. Then again, it wasn't my choice to make.
Post a Comment